I’m sure it’s no secret that UMass Amherst was ranked #1 dining for the second year in a row! My favorite part of the dining experience of course is the desserts and they never fail to come up with the most decedent sweets. This is an apple cake and it was so amazing, I’m dying to make it at home.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 4 cups apples, washed, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 11/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon or apple spice seasoning mix
- Preheat oven to 300 °F.
- Wash, peel, core, and slice apples.
- Mix together eggs, vanilla, and applesauce (wet ingredients).
- In a separate large bowl, mix apples, sugar, flour, baking soda, and cinnamon (dry ingredients).
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until blended.
- Pour mixture into a 9″x12″ pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until a knife or toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
* Recipe courtesy of https://extension.umass.edu/nutrition/recipes/apple-cake