I love salads and make them almost everyday, but let’s be honest, salads can get boring. So I’m going to share a few recipes with you guys on how I spice up my salads to make them more fun. This one is my taco turkey burger salad with homemade honey mustard dressing.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 12 cups mixed greens
Honey Mustard Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 1/4 cup Djion mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the the ground turkey, taco seasoning, and egg. Shape into four patties
- Grill the patties over medium heat for about 10 minutes on each side
- Add shredded cheese to the top of each burger and continue grilling until the cheese begins to melt
- On four large plates, add mixed greens, baby carrots, and sliced cucumber and celery
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard, honey, vinegar, and salt.
- Then, slowly add in the olive oil until the dressing has a creamy texture
- Slice turkey burgers into cubes and add to the salads along with the honey mustard dressing.
*Makes about 4 salads